1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Logitech f keys

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dorsetdave, Jan 21, 2014.

1. dorsetdave

dorsetdave Newbie
    None

Jan 20, 2014
    Hi
    New to the forum and am hoping somebody may be able to help me. I have bought a Logitech K810 keyboard to use with my nexus 7 tablet, 2013 model. Some of the function keys are not responding.

F4 Application Switch. No response.
    F7 Play/Pause. Only pauses.
    F8 Mute. No response.

I am puzzled why these keys are not working when all other F keys are ok. Thank you.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    The F-Keys are interpreted by the operating system. F4 doesn't actually switch applications, it just sends "F4" (actually the key code for the key) to the operating system - which interprets that as "switch applications". IF your particular operating system was written to interpret F4 that way. Depending on which keyboard (if any) the Nexus 7-2013 running - what Kit Kat? was designed to work with an external keyboard it should be doing that. If not, it won't. It seems as if dome of theF-keys have been mapped in that tablet, and some haven't.

3. dorsetdave

dorsetdave Newbie
    None

Jan 20, 2014
    Thanks again. That's two questions you have answered for me. You're a mine of information! I'm glad the F keys are just not available to use on my tablet rather than faulty as I feared they might be.