• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps LOL @ Android Notepad Example

ramiss

Nov 28, 2009
So I'm a Visual Basic/ASP developer and have decided to start out with Android Development. I used to know a little C and Java but it has been a while!

So, while searching for tutorials I found this:
Notepad Tutorial | Android Developers

It is an Android Development tutorial from Google about creating a Notepad application. This is basically their "step 2" of getting started after the standard "Hello World!" example.

I honestly almost fell over laughing when I saw this. Does anyone else find it rediculously funny that this tutorial exists when the Android OS does NOT come with a Notepad or Notes application!!!! :thinking:

Since coming from Windows Mobile it is one of my biggest gripes that Android doesn't include a notes app and there it is as their most basic example for building an Android app....absolutely fascinating!

Thanks for listening!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones