1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lolipop, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by simonfoy, Jul 27, 2015.

1. simonfoy

simonfoy Newbie

I've just had a message to say a firware update is available to lolipop.

I was wondering if it was worth updating yet or were there problems with it?

Thanks a million
    Si

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gearu

Gearu Android Expert

I strongly suggest you stay on the stock firmware. Nowhere near as much refining & testing goes into updates compared to the original optimized package. When people update they are gambling the features they use/depend on (gps, wifi, BT, MMS - they can break with an update along with many other things) to gain trivial ones they won't. Never worth it.
    The way lollipop handles sounds/notifications alone is a disaster and that's before any bugs lollipop may give you.

3. simonfoy

simonfoy Newbie

That is just what I needed to know, thanks so much. Now all I need to know is how to get rid of the phone asking me if I want to update the firmware. I keep clicking the "remind me in 3 hours" button. It has 15 mins 1 hour and 3 hour reminders.
    I want to stick with the siftware.

You're a star. THANKS

4. YSNmusk

YSNmusk Newbie

I've just updated and my phone is running like a treat compared to before. My battery life has improved, the phone looks nicer and it is a better overall user experience. It feels like a new phone. Only thing I have found on my phone is that there is a bit of lag sometimes when I long press the home button to bring up the open apps.

I'm glad I did it. It might be different for other users but I'm glad I did it.

dbrownyard likes this.
  5. Gearu

Gearu Android Expert

Settings>General>About Device>Software Update.
    Unticking auto check for updates should do it.

6. James_Watson

James_Watson Android Enthusiast

I updated to Lollipop several weeks ago. Till now, I think it works fine. :)

dbrownyard likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews