1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Lollipop 5.0.2. How to enable heads-up notifications?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Racineur, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Racineur

Racineur Lurker
    None

Mar 30, 2014
    Male
    Montr
    Hello, IS provider gave me an LG G Pad 8 Lte on Lollipop 5.0.2. I kinda like it a lot. I'm juggling right now on to have heads-up notifications -yeah I know à la iOS-to pop up. I Googled the subject but I only find solutions on how to disable them. Well I like them and I want to see them. Could you please give me a hint on this please. I have other Android devices (Galaxy Tab 2, HTC One S, Blu Pure Mini) but they're all on Android Kit-Kat and can't be upgraded. Help is very welcome. I installed the app by the same name from Playstore but aren't Heads-up notifications part of of Lollipop?
    Thanks a lot.

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    For the older Androids, you can use Floatify.

As for enabling the heads up, well you can look at the instructions for disabling and well, reverse it. Go to the same area it points you to, and enable it instead of disable.

3. Racineur

Racineur Lurker
    None

Mar 30, 2014
    Male
    Montr
    Hello and thanks for your comment. Truly, I don't know how to do that on the G Pad since all the instructions for disabling are done on a Phone with a different iteration of Lollipop or more often Marshmallow. I cannot replicate the steps on my G Pad. I did all I could think of and notifications still don't show up. I have to manually open the notification center to see a notification. Or install the application also named heads-up. Actually I want heads-up notifications to work as they are advertised without the help of a third party app. Could it be that LG modified Lollipop in some way? I see pictures and videos of heads-up notifications and this is exactly what I want opposed to the zillions that hate it.

4. Racineur

Racineur Lurker
    None

Mar 30, 2014
    Male
    Montr
    In any case this could help. Here's a snapshot of the sound panel on my G Pad compared to that of phones as seen of the Web.
    Screenshot_2016-06-11-21-57-52.png Step-1.jpg

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    What happens when you go into notifications?

From what I see, there isn't really a way to enable or disable the heads up on Lollipop. I'm sorry can't be much help. I skipped Lollipop since my old Note 2 ended updates at Kitkat 4.4.2, and next device is an S7 Edge which had Marshmallow out of the box, which allowed app by app setting to enable/disable the heads up.

Have you checked if there is an update? One of the articles I saw said that handling was improved in 5.1.

Also personally, I prefer the third party solution by Floatify over the stock one. More customizations. I wanted my heads up in black. [emoji4]