1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lollipop 5.0 [Its out! 11/12]

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by charliecc, Nov 3, 2014.

1. charliecc

charliecc Android Enthusiast

Rumour has it on some sites that Lollipop is released today. If anyone gets an update to their N5 to install Lollipop, please let us know.

Rxpert83 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

It'll be weeks before most people get it via an OTA. This is because of the way google monitors its support pages for problems and gradually rolls out an update.

source

If it does indeed come out today, the best bet for getting it quickly is flashing the factory image. I'd love it today, but I don't see it happening before the end of the nexus 6 embargo on November 12th.

I hope I'm wrong though :). I'll still be mashing my f5 on the factory image page all day. I'm running the developer preview and its fantastic.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

charliecc likes this.
  3. Biaviian

Biaviian Android Enthusiast

Are there still issues with Hangouts i the dev preview?

4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I haven't noticed any on the new build. I was having issues with MMS at first but those were fixed by using hangouts as the default messaging service.

5. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

The only issue I really have with the dev preview is that exchange email has been removed from the stock email app. That's a real pain.

6. BynoUK

BynoUK Android Enthusiast

I was under the impression it was only commencing today for the non LTE devices (N10 and N7)

Either way that's ok with me, as I can have a look if the factory images appear :D

Rxpert83 likes this.
  7. charliecc

charliecc Android Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply. I know how Google rollout the updates, that's why I'm asking here, a bigger user base and all that. If it rolled out to everyone at the same time I wouldn't need to post here, just keep checking myself :)

Rxpert83 likes this.
  8. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

jhawkkw likes this.
  9. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

I recall reading that the Lollipop update was expected to be released today (11/3) only for the Nexus 7 WiFi tablets. The phones and the LTE tablets would get it at a later time.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/1...p-on-nov-3rd-other-devices-later-in-november/

Edit: I apparently didn't see BynoUK's earlier post - oops

Rxpert83 likes this.
  10. chukka63

chukka63 Android Enthusiast

I'm in no hurry to get the update.I'm happy for other's to deal with the bugs/teething problems.

11. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

Apparently Nexus 9 tablets are starting to ship today, so I would say it's entirely possible that it could be coming any day now.

12. Biaviian

Biaviian Android Enthusiast

13. dequelo

dequelo Well-Known Member

I hope there is an announcement before the roll-out, so I can flash my N7 back to 4.4.4. Currently running the LP preview and I don't think there will be much difference between the preview and the official release.

14. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

No need to flash back to 4.X, just flash the 5.0 factory image

DonB and dequelo like this.
  15. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

Rxpert83 likes this.
  16. thisISjoel

thisISjoel Android Enthusiast

Hold the dang phone, so the Gmail app will do exchange now?

The Gmail app that I have just stopped using because I'm trying out inbox.

Inbox that doesn't (unless I'm an idiot, which is possible) support exchange.

So I'm going to have to go back to the Gmail app?

Why, Google?

Why?

17. thisISjoel

thisISjoel Android Enthusiast

So how long till we get a flashable zip then?

I was planning on waiting until DU release their version but since they're only ever a nandroid away I'm keen to check out the full release of Lollipop.

18. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Android Expert

Well, Gmail 5.0 is leagues ahead of Inbox. I tried it for a week but went back to the old version of Gmail because Inbox lacks many features. Plus now that Gmail is Material Design, I'm even happier.

As for the factory images, it doesn't have to be soon. They may release sources now and wait a bit before getting out those factory images.

19. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

The gmail app now supports exhange, IMAP, and POP. If you're on L, you can get it now. On 4.4 and below, they're releasing it in the next few weeks.

20. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Inbox is what the Gmail app should have been. For now, I'm using Inbox for my Gmail account, and the Gmail app for my GApps and outlook and other accounts.
    Hopefully. they will expand inbox to include other accounts - that'd be cool

21. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Source went out yesterday evening, no factory images quite yet. Build number LRX21M, which means it was compiled around October 21st

For those who compile with AOSP, theres also new AOSP documentation

22. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire

Btw, source hasn't been fully released yet. Google seems to be doing it all in stages. It's not worth bothering with until everything is done because they are still pushing revisions and numerous fixes.

I disagree, but to each their own.

xdrc45 and Rxpert83 like this.
  23. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

kj.png

https://plus.google.com/+ArtemRussakovskii/posts/Yn3ef9aQgo9

[​IMG]

SWISH!!! ;););););)

24. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire

xdrc45 and Rxpert83 like this.
  25. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Ah, so its just a minor update then :p

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews