1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lollipop factory image for nexus 7(2013) wifi Flo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Madbat, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

I have a Deb, so I have to wait. No doubt Qualcomm or Verizon is holding up this update due to the radios.

3. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Flashed the factory image last night. I must say I really like it. So far I like everything about it

4. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

5.0.1 factory images are live. All video and YouTube issues are gone.

5. Masterchief87

Masterchief87 Android Expert

I just got a 2nd gen nexus 7 32gb and I flashed the factory image to upgrade it to 5.0 and when I restarted it I only had 10gb free storage! I restored a nandroid and went back to 4.4.4 and still only 11gb free! Before I updated it to lollipop I had over 26gb free! Someone please tell me what I did wrong. I really hope I haven't permanently downgraded my storage

6. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I saw someone else with this problem. A factory reset did the trick and made the memory available again. I don't know if it was jammed with junk from the upgrade or if it was a glitch causing it to be read wrong.

Masterchief87 likes this.
  7. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Flashing a factory image can make storage display incorrect. A factory reset will fix it.

Masterchief87 and Unforgiven like this.
  8. Masterchief87

Masterchief87 Android Expert

I had already done a factory reset and that's why I was freaking out.
    After reading your post though I remembered that a custom recovery doesn't wipe the whole data partition when you factory reset. With that in mind, I booted into TWRP and formatted the data partition, then rebooted and now I have all my storage back.

Unforgiven likes this.
  9. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Glad my half an answer got you all the way to a solution.:oops::p

Masterchief87 likes this.

Nexus 7 (2013) Forum

The Nexus 7 (2013) release date was July 2013. Features and Specs include a 7.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 3950mAh battery.

July 2013
Release Date
Reviews