• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lollipop is the worst update EVER!

We are almost halfway into Lollipops' existence, and it hasn't gained the traction i was expecting.

Updates for Lollipop are scarce too, developers must be tired. I would be too, having to update my app every single year.

It seems even Google has grown tired.

The Nexus 9 has been all but abandoned. Left behind on 5.0.1 with memory leaks and lag.

Upvote 0
I have had the galaxy s3, s4, and s5 and absolutely loved it until this latest update. Hate is an understatement when it comes to this update and I have officially given up on android for this. I had a lot of issues with iphones which made me move to samsung, but compared to Google's decision to force this update on us as android owners, I will be switching back to iPhones. :mad:[/QUOT
I have had the galaxy s3, s4, and s5 and absolutely loved it until this latest update. Hate is an understatement when it comes to this update and I have officially given up on android for this. I had a lot of issues with iphones which made me move to samsung, but compared to Google's decision to force this update on us as android owners, I will be switching back to iPhones. :mad:
I totally agree with u. I have had the same problem with two different mobiles( Nexus 4 then Lenovo A6000 plus). And after multiple factory resets i have come to this conclusion that upgrading from kitkat to lollipop is the worst thing to do with ur phone.
Before update: My lenovo phone battery used to last 2 complete days. Phone was running smoothly.
After update: Battery doesn't even last a day. Phone not running smoothly. Contacts sync not working. Phone heating up.

Upvote 0
For a businessman like me. I would prefer a phone which has long battery life and smooth running phone. If such updates require factory reset and change in rom then no use. Iphone are better. Atleast they have some common sense. Let mobiles be used as mobiles.
Battery last all day I always pick low end devices over main stream

Upvote 0
For a businessman like me. I would prefer a phone which has long battery life and smooth running phone. If such updates require factory reset and change in rom then no use. Iphone are better. Atleast they have some common sense. Let mobiles be used as mobiles.

Both my Nexus 4 and Nexus 6 have lasted me throughout the day and ran very smoothly. And I do use my phone for work.

Why buy a 300 hundred device when I can buy a 50 dallor device and get better results

Find a $50 device that does better than a Moto X or Nexus 6.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones