• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lollipop is the worst update EVER!

I have had the galaxy s3, s4, and s5 and absolutely loved it until this latest update. Hate is an understatement when it comes to this update and I have officially given up on android for this. I had a lot of issues with iphones which made me move to samsung, but compared to Google's decision to force this update on us as android owners, I will be switching back to iPhones. :mad:
Late joining the party here !
I should have kept my old Galaxy S2 .... now this NEW S5 (Lollipop) won't even keep the BT connection to my car (same car) and I have to pair EACH time I get in and go to work/travel/errands.
As soon as I turned the car OFF the darn thing looses the automatic BT reconnection.
Go figure!

Upvote 0
True enough with this Lollipop "update"/"upgrade" ... one would think that Android developers be smarter than the phones (and other Android devices) they work on.

For me: good news ... I have found a way (not my original idea found elsewhere) to have the phone automatically BT-connect to the car, finally.
The trick: using the voice commands via the steering wheel buttons of the car rather than via the "head console" buttons.
Now the S5 automatically connects to the car each time I get in range.

JP

Upvote 0
Lots of issues in Lollipop. The latest being a security issue in lock screen with password protected lock.

It bears mentioning that this 'vulnerability' is actually mitigated in many devices by the fact that there's no paste facility in the lockscreen password entry dialogue, so anyone attempting to use it would require lots of time (and patience) to manually enter the tens of thousands of characters needed. If they have physical access to the device for that length of time then most security is moot.

Fwiw my old Sony Xperia Z has been running 5.0.2 for several months with great success. I'll be installing the newly-released 5.1.1. update at the weekend, once I've downloaded the requisite kernel to ensure I retain root. Not all OEMs have made a mess of Lollipop. :)

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones