1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lollipop - Lost "Settings", how to facory default?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Øystein Stakvik, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Øystein Stakvik

Hi guys.

Just joined the forum hopefully learning more about Android since more and more units in my line work is being delivered whit Android.

So we have some units from Bluebird, EF500, that is running Soti MobiControl whit lockscreen and first time ever I see an issue like this.
    It is reported to Bluebird but at this moment only scrathing their head on why it is happening or how to recreate the issue.

For the unit issue it is being reported after some months usage to start suddenly rebooting, sometimes rebooting every 5 seconds after booted up.
    So for a solution until we figure out the issue we need to factory default the unit.

My question if anybody knows, can "USB Debugging" be activated by ADB or somehow whitout entering settings?
    Or can we trigger factory default whitout settings or the Android Bios?

The reason why is when issue appears the "Settings" app is deleted, not showing anywhere on the home screen or in app list.
    Dragging the notification bar down we get the gear wheel but pressing this nothing happens.
    If trying to enter Andoird Bios in boot or download mode the unit only hangs for 2 minutes on boot screen the reboots.

Best regards
    Øystein

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Øystein Stakvik

As I wrote:

# To reset the device's software.
    Setting application is deleted somehow, not showing in app menu or able to enter by gear wheel in drop down menu.
    "Factory Data" cannot be entered since "Settings seems deleted.

# To reset the device's hardware.
    Menu by "Volume down + Power" cannot be entered, unit hangs then reboots.
    Normal reset by "Volume up + Volume down + Power" is only entering black screen and hangs.