1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

london underground

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by sidonewski, Mar 14, 2011.

1. sidonewski

sidonewski Lurker
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    Hi I am looking for a London Tube app. which is obviously has the tube map ok but also a feature which will tell me which Car / Train i should spesifically aim to hop on to in station A if I am going to get off at station Z, so I dont end up walking all the way across the platform when i get off at station Z to get to the Exit.

im pretty sure there is something like this for iphone but is there one for android.

I dont mind if its free or not.

tnx

Advertisement

2. JLang

None

Mar 9, 2011
    Have you tried the 'London Underground' app? There's is a free and a paid version, it includes tube exit information, and is available from the Market. This is their website.

3. jeremy_inc

jeremy_inc Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    London, UK
    I have the above mentioned app and can also recommend it, map is up to date (with the exception of the brand new extension of the ELL to Highbury), and it has some nice features like the tube exit thing.
    Another nice feature is clicking on a station and it displays on the map how many minutes travel away each other station is away from that location.
    Can give you live information on line status as well (delays etc), though not the station departure boards

4. athegn

athegn Android Enthusiast

May 26, 2010
    I have downloaded this London Underground app for my HTC Desire OS 2.2

It seems to have a problem with location. If I use menu > GPS > Locate I get a message:-

Sorry cannot obtain GPS fix at this time.

Admittedly I am indoors at present. However Google Maps does find my location; I know this is current because it reports my location as at 0M ago!

5. JLang

None

Mar 9, 2011
    If you're indoors all bets are off, of course. But otherwise it sounds like a problem with GPS. Nothing wrong with the London Underground app.

6. athegn

athegn Android Enthusiast

May 26, 2010
    OK

Both app and Google maps working this morning.