1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Long email to text messages dropping with special character

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Coppershep, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Coppershep

Coppershep Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2017
    I changed phone recently from S6 to HTC u11 and now I have an issue which I hope someone can help me with. Running Android 7.1.

I am on Sprint and I use the feature to send email to text, phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com, works fine.

However on long message, which include certain special characters the message will not appear on my phone. I have called Sprint and they have verified the message is being delivered to my phone, but I do not see the message in any of the messaging applications. I have updated, installed new, change all the messaging settings I can.

If the message is short, less than 140 characters ( I think this is the cutoff point), special characters come through fine. I can send longer messages without special characters and they come through fine. Just long and special characters don't.

Trying to figure out if this is a phone issue or an Android issue, as Sprint says the message is getting to me.
    The special character I have found is [ I haven't tested all other special character, once I found a valid test case I stopped looking. Look at the two emails below, one will arrive as a text the other will not, only difference is the [] in the message. Any ideas?

Example email, this fails
    coppershep
    Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 3:47 PM
    To: coppershep Pager <402xxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com>
    Subject: test

1JOB RUN: TestJob was run on 9/25/2017 at 1:58:13 PM

DURATION: 0 hous,[ 0] minutes, 0 seconds

MESSAGES: The job succeeded. The Job was invoked by User COPPER\goose. The last step to run was step 1 (One).'

Example email this one is sucessful
    Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 3:47 PM
    To: coppershep Pager <402xxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com>
    Subject: Test Message

1JOB RUN: TestJob was run on 9/25/2017 at 1:58:13 PM
    DURATION: 0 hous, 0 minutes, 0 seconds
    MESSAGES: The job succeeded. The Job was invoked by User COPPER\goose. The last step to run was step 1 (One).'

Advertisement

2. A bochur

A bochur Android Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2016
    Male
    Does your phone take mms? Is it possible that short emails come as a regular text but long ones are trying to deliver as mms but your phone doesn't take it?
    Test mms by texting a picture to yourself