• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Long live the G!

rushmore

Extreme Android User
Nov 13, 2008
Kentucky
The bad:

Poorly launched by Viewsonic? Check!

Got to be modded for full function? Check!

Viewing angle of about 5 degrees? Check!

Issues with hidef video? Check! (This impacts all Tegra 2- no optimized drivers from Nvidia yet)

The good:

Super easy to mod? Check!

USB Host? Check!

$380 or less? Check!

Plays Flash and other heavy demand apps like PSX, smoothly? Check!

Great battery life? Check!

Though the Xoom is about one big update away (Flash & microsd) from being a sweet device, the cost difference and USB host issue make me appreciate the G even more.

Long live the G! I think I listen to Tenacious D too much......

Reactions: watersrules
I was this close of caving in and buying the 3g/4g Xoom. I borrowed my sister's Xoom for the weekend to "set it up" for her. haha. I love the screen on the Xoom and it's super smooth but reality struck when I realized that I don't want to spend that much money ($800+) for an internet, video and gaming device.

I'm gonna wait it out but for now, the gtablet is still my precious.

Upvote 0
I was this close of caving in and buying the 3g/4g Xoom. I borrowed my sister's Xoom for the weekend to "set it up" for her. haha. I love the screen on the Xoom and it's super smooth but reality struck when I realized that I don't want to spend that much money ($800+) for an internet, video and gaming device.

I'm gonna wait it out but for now, the gtablet is still my precious.

Im doing everything and anything I can do, to make sure that Im not within arms reach of a Xoom. Once I see it.. I think I will most certainly want it lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones