1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Long load time, HTC screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PugNasty, Apr 10, 2011.

1. PugNasty

PugNasty Lurker
    None

Apr 3, 2011
    Phone seems to operate as intended, but when i exit an app or simply return to my home screen..1st it goes to a white screen that says HTC then I can see my home background in the back while a loading screen pops up and the icons slowly start appearing, then once all icons have loaded the loading screen goes away and i can use my phone again. it usually takes about 20 seconds to return to my home screen after exiting another phone function.
    any ideas?

Advertisement

2. Evulution

None

Apr 4, 2011
    Start by uninstalling your apps 1 by 1, then check your phone after each uninstall to see if the problem goes away. If you have to remove all your apps then I would do a restart of the phone. After removing all apps and restarting phone if that doesn't work you have to do a factory reset on the phone. If that doesn't work your phone is the problem. Return to store.

Sometimes bad apps or running a task killer may cause these problems you are seeing.

3. PugNasty

PugNasty Lurker
    None

Apr 3, 2011
    Will a factory reset delete all my contacts?

4. Evulution

None

Apr 4, 2011
    Yes, returns the phone to the state of when you pulled the phone out of the box. If your phone is synced to your computers then your contacts should be saved there.

5. PugNasty

PugNasty Lurker
    None

Apr 3, 2011
    So just sync the phone and reset it? Is there a link that explains how to do that then restore contacts

6. twilighter

twilighter Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 17, 2010
    jacksonville, FL
    Before you restore, I would back up everything onto a SD card or you can use my backup pro from the market. It costs a few dollars, but its worth it in my opinion.

7. Evulution

None

Apr 4, 2011
    If your contacts are already on your laptop then you sync your phone after you reset the phone. Syncing the phone then resetting it will delete what you just did unless the contacts on your computer are not up to date. If your contacts on your computer do not match what's on your phone then you have to sync your phone with the laptop before resetting your phone.

8. Evulution

None

Apr 4, 2011
    I had a Sprint Touch before my EVO. I would sync it to my laptop. When I purchased the EVO the Sprint Store could not move my contacts over to the EVO. As I was hand jamming my contacts into my EVO I remembered the syncing software on my laptop. Plugged the EVO in and the syncing software from the EVO did the rest of the work for me since all of my contacts are synced to Microsoft Outlook.

Tags: