• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Long phone calls lose connection?

esmith818

Android Enthusiast
Nov 15, 2009
NC
Call quality has been good for me despite the lesser number of bars than I am used to having from the Motorola days. However, the past three days I have had callers tell me that after awhile my voice begins to sound "robotic" and then at some point they can no longer hear me despite me hearing them fine. This typically happens about 15-20 minutes into a conversation.

There's a chance that this is due to location, but since I have had three separate people describe it the exact same way ("robotic voice") I am wondering if it is the phone itself? Anyone else have any feed back during a long phone call?

EDIT: When this happens, if I hang up and call back immediately, they say I sound fine again...

Call quality has been good for me despite the lesser number of bars than I am used to having from the Motorola days. However, the past three days I have had callers tell me that after awhile my voice begins to sound "robotic" and then at some point they can no longer hear me despite me hearing them fine. This typically happens about 15-20 minutes into a conversation.

There's a chance that this is due to location, but since I have had three separate people describe it the exact same way ("robotic voice") I am wondering if it is the phone itself? Anyone else have any feed back during a long phone call?

EDIT: When this happens, if I hang up and call back immediately, they say I sound fine again...

I was having the exact same issue with my first Nexus. I had it exchanged and my new one has yet to have the same problem and I am getting better signal quality out of it.

Reactions: esmith818
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones