1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Long story, lots of problems.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hollandaise, May 19, 2012.

1. Hollandaise

Hollandaise New Member

May 19, 2012
    I'm sorry if I do anything wrong here. I have absolutely no forum experience. :(
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate or something.(?)

Anyways, as the title says, this is a long story. I hope you'll bear with me.
    My samsung galaxy S had been working fine up until I decided to update it. I used Kies Mini. I had to update twice since I there had been two updates since I received it. The first update was perfect. Then, I updated it a second time. When I did, my computer went into sleep mode during the update, and my phone became bricked. Kies noticed this, and gave me instructions on how to flash my phone. I thought I was okay.

After a while with this great new update, my phone kept unlocking. I thought this was my fault. Turns out, it wasn't. It was my firmware. This continued for a while until my lock button stopped working. I had decided to reflash my phone with odin, but now odin won't recognize my phone.

When I try to get my phone to download mode, it works. Sadly, my computer, and odin, fail to recognize it. I can't use any other option because of my lock button, and I'm all out of options.

Thanks a bunch! :D

Advertisement

2. alpha0990

alpha0990 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    make sure to open odin b4 connecting the phone. also try a different version of odin

3. Rash

Rash Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Jedi (keep the balance in the world of android) he
    world of android
    Have you got the correct drivers installed.. Try to uninstall current Odin on your computer & reinstall again.. Also try using an older version (I remember Odin v3.x.x something is good)..

What are you trying to do, update firmware or what..??

Edit: make sure it's not running in the background as that will certainly interfere..best to uninstall it close kies when using Odin