1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Long term battery health/life and charging question...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TankRizzo, Jul 21, 2010.

1. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Member
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Kind of an odd question, but I listen to XM on my X while I'm at work. This obviously drains the battery pretty hard, so I wind up just hooking it via USB to my work computer all day. So in total my phone is charging around 16 or so hours a day.

For the long term battery health, would it be better to let it discharge more or just keep it plugged in?

Advertisement

2. irmac

irmac Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 1, 2010
    I've heard that keeping the phone charging after it reaches 100% can cause the battery life to slowly get worse and worse but I don''t think this is true. Developers know people leave their phones charging over night and wouldn't create something that didn't take that into consideration.

So I'd say, don't worry about it :)

3. androy

androy Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 20, 2010
    Android addict
    in my brain
    Yeah, don't worry about it.

I've been charging all of my mobile phones overnight for as long as I can remember. It hasn't hurt anything. And worst case scenario you can just buy a new battery if you need to.

4. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Member
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    not so much worried about charging it overnight but more so while I'm at work and listening to streaming radio through it. But if I didn't the battery would be dead before I left work.

5. arcturussage

arcturussage Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 26, 2010
    Yeah, I was going to ask something similar. I was always told you should run down the battery all the way, charge to full and repeat a few times. Today a friend told me that isn't the case anymore. Anyone know what the current practice is?