1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Long-time listener, first-time caller.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by stratusmonkey, Feb 22, 2011.

1. stratusmonkey

stratusmonkey Newbie

I've been reading Phandroid every day since January, 2010, occasionally reading the forums for more background. I have commented on the occasional story.

I had followed Android development on Slashdot from the beginning. I passed up a G1 in January, 2009 and got a Blackberry. I needed a phone with e-mail for the job I was starting, and the G1 seemed like a prototype, not a phone I could use. Fast-forward two years, and I had almost convinced my wife to go with Android when Verizon announced the iPhone. So now, I am obsessing over the Thunderbolt like I was obsessing over the Nexus S a couple months ago.

I met my wife Melissa in college. This spring she'll graduate from veterinary school. We spent a combined eighteen years at the University of Illinois. (And she'll start a one-year contract job there after graduation.) We have two dogs and a cat who thinks she's a dog.

I worked in technical support in college, and in the year before I went to law school. I live out of a five-year old laptop. But I'm always messing with an unfinished home-theater PC I started building two years ago. I don't watch much television, except for U of I sports, the Bears and the Cubs. (Missy is a Sox fan.)

I went to the Stewart / Colbert rally in D.C. for my 30th birthday. It coincided with an academic conference Missy was invited to attend.

When dinosaurs roamed the Earth (and I was still in school) I frequented Simtropolis, Zombie Squad and the Internet Infidels.

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Welcome to the Android Forums!