• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Long-time LPP User Switching to ADW EX

Willyg44

Aug 3, 2010
So just wanted to make a thread to see if people had similar experiences, and maybe it's a user error on my part as to why I could not deal with LPP anymore. I'm rooted on GB currently, but this problem has been happening for a while with LPP.

It would take forever to "wake up" after I unlocked my phone. If I didn't use my phone for say 15 minutes or an hour or whatever, my phone would freeze for a good 20 seconds sometimes longer before I could unlock it. First I thought it was widget locker. Got rid of it for 2 days, problem still existed. Then, I got rid of LPP and was just using the stock launcher, and I had no problems while using widget locker. Then, I tried ADW EX and still no problems. Went back to LPP and the same problem happened again. I can't have my phone lock up for 20-30 seconds, that's ridiculous.

I absolutely love LPP and it's features. The widgets are fantastic, the scrollable dock was my favorite, but I had to switch. Was this something others experienced? The lag of LPP? If I could resolve the issue, I'd go back in a heartbeat, but ADW has been snappy as hell, and I'm fine with it being that it doesn't lock up anymore.

I tried everything, reinstalling it, I tried it on 4 different ROMs I had going, nothing worked. It just seems like it's very bulky. It's a shame, I love the product, and the developer is awesome with all of the updates he pushes out. Any similar experiences/fixes? Thanks.

Wow I have had the exact opposite experience. I was on ADW EX and it took over 5 minutes after rebooting (or FC's) to respond to input. When I restart LPP it literally takes 1-2 seconds until it is FLYING! I love the widgets of LPP but ADW EX is more customizable...I wish the two could get together and make a super launcher.

Settings wise, I don't think that is the case...you probably have some app installed that LPP doesn't like but ADW EX plays nice with.

Upvote 0
Wow I have had the exact opposite experience. I was on ADW EX and it took over 5 minutes after rebooting (or FC's) to respond to input. When I restart LPP it literally takes 1-2 seconds until it is FLYING! I love the widgets of LPP but ADW EX is more customizable...I wish the two could get together and make a super launcher.

Settings wise, I don't think that is the case...you probably have some app installed that LPP doesn't like but ADW EX plays nice with.

Very interesting. I guess one of these weekends where I have a day to kill, I can troubleshoot if any apps are causing issues. That's a pain in the butt to do. I use a lot of widgets and 6 homescreens, are you using minimal desktop space?

I haven't tried out Go Launcher yet, I'll play with it soon.

Upvote 0
Very interesting. I guess one of these weekends where I have a day to kill, I can troubleshoot if any apps are causing issues. That's a pain in the butt to do. I use a lot of widgets and 6 homescreens, are you using minimal desktop space?

I haven't tried out Go Launcher yet, I'll play with it soon.

I only have 3 homescreens, but I have 4 widgets spread throughout. I would say it is moderately taxing for a homescreen. Definitely not minimalistic, nor also a setup with 15 screen (yuck).

Upvote 0
Go is ok but I get constant FCs with it. ADW Ex is ok but i miss scrolling dock(i know about the hidden one but i prefer not to have to swipe up to get to my dock). So for me it's LPP! Try the XDA themes for the widgets, they are uber as f**k. See?

To your specific problem, go into Rom Manager app and click on Fix Permissions. This often solves all your FC issues. Also try removing LPP completely and reinstalling clean(don't restore settings from SD card).

5702680734_a0873e40d0_b.jpg

Facebook
5702111637_3e7a746d82_b.jpg

Twitter(MJD is a Twitter-addict when he's drunk if you didnt know.
5702111611_499e187a99_b.jpg

Calendar
5702680608_8a2fdae15f_b.jpg

Player
5702111551_f10f20377e_b.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones