• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Longer Sync/Charging Cable

haza12d

May 28, 2011
I think the cable that was included with the Droid Charge is too short. I know it says in the manual to use the cable the phone was provided with to avoid damaging the phone. Does anyone know if I can use a longer Micro USB cable like this or am I better off getting an extension like this?

You will be fine with the Micro USB cable. When I came North this Spring, I left the factory supplied cable down South and I was using the Eris cabe with a dongle that converted Mini USB into Micro USB, it was charging just fine, but when I plugged the phone into my computer using the cable with the dongle, the computer would not recognize the phone. I went to Verizon and purchased a generic Micro USB cable and that solved the problem. I needed it immediately or I would have bought a cheap one from Amazon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones