• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Look what i found

V SuperUser V

Android Expert
Mar 29, 2012
I was messing with Settings.apk, once again, trying to get some of the toggles to work (wifi/bluetooth) and failed, BUT, found this instead

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51753039/video_Aug_19_2012_0.mp4

As you can see, the toggles work, but they do nothing. The wireless hotspot one comes back with 'error' after trying to turn on. The USB tether one does not seem to do anything either. Somewhere else inside our phones lies the key to unlock this whole tethering stuff

Thoughts????

Devs/Modders get at me for a copy of the settings.apk. Else, the xmls i edited are found inside /res/xml/tether.....

I was messing with Settings.apk, once again, trying to get some of the toggles to work (wifi/bluetooth) and failed, BUT, found this instead

As you can see, the toggles work, but they do nothing. The wireless hotspot one comes back with 'error' after trying to turn on. The USB tether one does not seem to do anything either. Somewhere else inside our phones lies the key to unlock this whole tethering stuff

Thoughts????

Devs/Modders get at me for a copy of the settings.apk. Else, the xmls i edited are found inside /res/xml/tether.....

Link isn't doing anything. I found the tether thing a while back with anycut did the error for me 2 figured we have wifi tether app and that works great. Maybe metro will turn it on in the future in an update.

Upvote 0
Link isn't doing anything. I found the tether thing a while back with anycut did the error for me 2 figured we have wifi tether app and that works great. Maybe metro will turn it on in the future in an update.

Link is to my drop box, had no time for YouTube upload. Must be donwloaded to be watched depending on your PC or browser.

Upvote 0

Thoughts????

Very interesting regarding the apparent failure of my wifi. However its not only the wifi hotspot that no longer works, its my wifi completely. When i try to turn it on it tries for a few seconds then returns with "error". I have not been able to recover it despite flashing multiple backups of different known good ROMs and kernels. Perhaps i can try flashing this settings.apk and maybe ill be good but im not very confident that will be successful when backup recoveries that used to work failed. Hope this helps you good sir

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones