• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Looking 4 a Phone with bootloader unlocked

Sandman3838

Lurker
Jan 12, 2012
Hello.

I'm not sure if I should have placed this in the Root section?

Any way I had a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 - d2vzw
A while back I tried the Samsung Stock 4.4.2 and I could not get back to custom Roms.
With the stock ROM they have locked them up.
Something that I did not know before the upgrade.

I have checked and most providers have the phones locked now.
I am may change providers and leave Verizon and go with Cricket, T-Mobile, AT&T?
But that is another question for another time.

I need a new Android phone that I can use Custom Roms in case the original package is crap.

Wish list -
- Android
- Cost 100 - 400
- "Roughly" about the same size as my S3, little bigger is OK 5"-5.5" display
- Able to take an additional Micro SD Card
- Removable battery
- It can be refurbished if its dependable?
- One last thing, all I use the phone for is information, communication and videos at lunch.
With the S3 I'm lucky if I have taken more than 24 pictures and I don't game on it. I could not care less about the Camera.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you so much for your help.

If you like the S3, the T-Mobile version, T999L and the AT&T i747 has unlocked bootloader's and lots of custom development.
To the best of my knowledge, T-Mobile branded devices do not have locked bootloader's or can be OEM unlocked.
Most newer device have a non removable battery but SD card slots are making a comeback.
Swappa is a good place to look for gently used devices
https://swappa.com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones