1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Looking at picking up a s3. CHIME IN PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mlee19841, Jan 23, 2013.

1. mlee19841

mlee19841 Member
    None

May 22, 2010
    My iPhone 4s is on its last leg. It's been dropped to many times. So I'm looking at picking up a s3. For vzw network so the people that own one can u chime in. On the battery life, how smooth is the new update jelly bean(project butter), how's the quality of the apps, how's the Bluetooth/wifi/gps signal,how's the speaker and internal speaker,also anyone notice any lagging at all on the device. Thanks guys 😃

Advertisement

2. valorian

valorian Android Expert
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Male
    Northern Illinois
    The best way to get your questions answered is to scan through the posts in the forum. Most if not all you question can be answered.

3. willz08z

willz08z Lurker
    None

Jan 23, 2013
    Battery life is just like most other smartphones, one day is normally your lot. The processor is fast. App quality on Play is getting better. Speaker is great and No lag.

4. rcsrich

rcsrich Android Expert
    None

Jun 22, 2012
    Proudly working for the Man since 2001
    Virginia, USA
    I thoroughly enjoy my S3 & have no regrets about buying it, but I came from a much cheaper Android. The Android OS will take some getting used to coming from iOS, but I think the level of customization you can get even from an unrooted device is amazing. Use the 4.8 inch screen for a week & then try using an iPhone again & you'll want to shoot yourself... ;)

5. PinkFloyd

PinkFloyd Member
    None

Aug 22, 2010
    I got a S3 last week and so far I am happy with it. I replaced my crappy Vibrant I managed to pull on for over 2 years with S3 and it is a world of difference. Obviously faster processor, Froyo vs JB all make a huge difference but unlike Vibrant which I have lot of regrets, S3 does look promising and I moved from iPhone to Android regretting that move with the terrible experience I had with Vibrant all along.

I still like IPhone much better for simplicity and dedicated software updates and all that but I think the contract carriers are ripping off customers on IPhone data plans especially. I am happy with TMobile and their 4G data unlimited for a very reasonable price.

Overall I give two thumbs up so far for S3.

I do hope Samsung does not muck up support and updates for S3 once they release S4 and they are very notorious for doing that.

6. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    Top notch phone. Very smooth with the JB update. I have no issues with any of the antennae. All speakers are fine. Battery is typical. I'm a heavy user as I always have my Maps on when driving along with playing my music via BT to my car stereo. It would drain about 40% in an hour. For long trips, I would use the car charger. I can usually last a day, but occasionally would top up at work or when I get home. If I don't use my Maps while driving, I would generally have enough power for a whole day.