1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Looking for a Calendar / Reminder App

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by samstationz, Jan 8, 2013.

1. samstationz

samstationz Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2013
    Hi everyone,

I'm after a calendar app that is a bit more customisable than the default one, or one that works how I want it to.

I have recently got my first smartphone and am really happy with it, the only thing I don't like is the calendar reminders- mainly the fact that the reminder sound is too quick, so i never hear it, especially if i'm not right next to the phone when it goes off.

I rely on reminders a lot (I'm quite forgetful :)), with my old nokia phone (the old 2730), if I had a calendar event/reminder set, it would ring for about a minute then stop. This is exactly how I like it.

I would like it to be easy to set a reminder, would also like it to have selectable snooze timeouts (ie to be able to choose which snooze length when the alarm goes off).

I tried one called Nudnik, which has a longer tone, but now the tone just keeps going and going and going until you give it some attention. Which really drives me up the wall, especially when I can't get to the phone straightaway (eg if I have greasy hands from working on the car etc).

And I don't particularly like that fact that Nudnik works in conjunction with the default Android calendar - I just want one single app.

I've just tried Jorte but you can only seem to use either the phones standard notification tones (too short) or a custom one (which I suppose I could make one that's about a minute long), but it still doesn't allow for selectable snooze times as far as I can tell.

Any advice would be much appreciated,
    Sam

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Try Calendar Snooze - works with any calendar, let's you set snooze when the reminder comes up, as well as giving you a full-screen alert rather than a little notification. I've used many calendar apps, but always let this handle the reminders whatever calendar app I use.

For calendar suggestions there's a really long "favourite calendar app" thread in this forum. It had another post today so should be easy to find. Lots of suggestions there.

3. Ron H

Ron H Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 26, 2010
    Also check Calendar Event Reminder, which is very customizable. You can vary the snooze time, set more than one snooze button, vary the way it presents the alarm, etc.