1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Accessories Looking for a Case

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by n0t4g4iN, Aug 5, 2010.

1. n0t4g4iN

n0t4g4iN Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Hey I am looking for a case for my droid x and I was wondering if there are any cases that are able to fit inside the dock or car mount from verizon? I think the rocketfish case is the thinnest but I don't know if it is good. If there are no cases like that I would rather have a silicone case that is not too flimsy and provides some protection if the phone is dropped. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement

2. HauntedHallows

HauntedHallows Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    New Mexico
    your getting hot!!! The answer is about 5 topics down

3. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    the rocketfish is a nice case and will fit the car dock however you have to mod the dock which is pretty easy if you have a dremmel tool

4. n0t4g4iN

n0t4g4iN Member

Aug 5, 2010
    I don't want to modify the mount. So what would be the best silicone that is not flimsy? I heard the argile skin is flismy around the side. Also I don't want a skin with to much grip because they also seem to be the ones to come out of my hand. If that makes sense to anyone.

5. jwbeeler

jwbeeler Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Why don't you just remove the insert in the car dock? It looks like most cases should fit..

6. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    I think the "flimsiness" of the Argyle case is extremely hit or miss. The version I received has been absolutely fantastic...sticks to the device, practically strangles it. It also plays nicely when I insert it into the carmount.

7. SnowBose

SnowBose Active Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Internet surfer
    The Windy City
    agreed. i went with kwest12's recommendation, and let's just say my cover is on my phone like white on rice: http://androidforums.com/accessorie...d-ebay-seller-argyle-hard-silicone-cases.html

8. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    They still don't fit with the insert removed without some modification to the dock