• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Looking for a Case

n0t4g4iN

Lurker
Aug 5, 2010
Hey I am looking for a case for my droid x and I was wondering if there are any cases that are able to fit inside the dock or car mount from verizon? I think the rocketfish case is the thinnest but I don't know if it is good. If there are no cases like that I would rather have a silicone case that is not too flimsy and provides some protection if the phone is dropped. Thanks for the help.

I don't want to modify the mount. So what would be the best silicone that is not flimsy? I heard the argile skin is flismy around the side. Also I don't want a skin with to much grip because they also seem to be the ones to come out of my hand. If that makes sense to anyone.

Why don't you just remove the insert in the car dock? It looks like most cases should fit..

Upvote 0
I don't want to modify the mount. So what would be the best silicone that is not flimsy? I heard the argile skin is flismy around the side. Also I don't want a skin with to much grip because they also seem to be the ones to come out of my hand. If that makes sense to anyone.

I think the "flimsiness" of the Argyle case is extremely hit or miss. The version I received has been absolutely fantastic...sticks to the device, practically strangles it. It also plays nicely when I insert it into the carmount.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones