• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a certain case.

Keyan

Nov 28, 2010
NNJ
Hey guys, just looking for a recommendation.

I want a case for my nexus. I know there is a cases thread but it is way too cluttered, and I'm looking for first-hand expeience from people who are running them, not what people think about pictures!

I have the "extended" 2100mAh battery.

I want the case to NOT be soft and gooey. I had a body glove case for my Droid X and I hated how it would be a bitch to get in and out of my pocket - plus it would attract lint and over time the case fell apart (due to the "sticky" part wearing away)

I like the look of the seidio active case, but there is soft rubber and doesnt fit that well with the extended battery.

It seems seidio is also going to be launching a "surface" case soon but isnt available.

A kickstand would be nice but not required (any other manufacturer make a kick stand case except seidio?)

anyways, thats what I need. Glossy / non crazy grip surface so it can slide in and out of my pocket easy. Compatabile with extended battery without looking weird/buldging. And optional kickstand.

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks.

I have 6 cases that I've tried. The Incipio Verizon case, Otterbox Defender, Seidio, Case Mate Pop, the Diztronic Grey case, & the Distronic Matte Black case.

Of all the cases I've tried, my two favorites are the Case Mate POP, and the Matte Black Diztronic. Incipio & Otterbox are too big, and are lint magnets. The Seidio is nice, but the plastic catches seem to be very fragile. If Seidio made a two piece slider, as they do for the DInc, I would probably favor it over the POP or the Diztronic.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones