• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a certain type of app? Post them here!

How about if all paid apps gave you a free 7 day trial?

I realize most are pretty cheap. But even at 99cents, if I'm not sure about an app and just want to try it, i probably wont buy it. Because we all know that 99 cents here and 99cents there add up....

But if we got to try it... then get prompted to pay after 7 days (maybe 3) then if we liked it we would definately pay.

I can usually tell if I like an app before the 24 hours to return is up ... I think I have returned 3 or 4 apps.

Upvote 0
How about if all paid apps gave you a free 7 day trial?

I realize most are pretty cheap. But even at 99cents, if I'm not sure about an app and just want to try it, i probably wont buy it. Because we all know that 99 cents here and 99cents there add up....

But if we got to try it... then get prompted to pay after 7 days (maybe 3) then if we liked it we would definately pay.

7 days would be nice... but I have heard that there is a 24 hour period after buying an app that you can decide you don't want it and be refunded. I can't verify this however.

Upvote 0
7 days would be nice... but I have heard that there is a 24 hour period after buying an app that you can decide you don't want it and be refunded. I can't verify this however.

Yes, i know there is a 24 hour period.
But certain apps, like locale for example, cost $10 and it really takes more than a day to know if it's something im going to want to have on my phone.

Upvote 0
I would really like an app that allowed me to listen to live radio broadcasts of NHL games. I have tried iheartradio but it usually doesn't have any of the correct radio stations except for the Penguins...

I use Cherry RPlayer. I am mostly concerned with the Philadelphia Flyers, and this app has the live feed of 610 WIP which carries the Flyers games. It works pretty good.

Upvote 0
Since this is a 'wish list', how about this:

One app that:
1) permits the device to ring loudly and strongly vibrate every single time you have an incoming call
2) reminds you of a missed call, voice message, or unacknowledged text message by periodically giving you an audible sound and/or a vibration
3) can easily open video text messages

In other words, an app that can make this "smartphone" perform all the basic cell phone functions that the cheaspest friggin cell phone can perform without a problem?

Upvote 0
Since this is a 'wish list', how about this:

One app that:
1) permits the device to ring loudly and strongly vibrate every single time you have an incoming call
2) reminds you of a missed call, voice message, or unacknowledged text message by periodically giving you an audible sound and/or a vibration

In other words, an app that can make this "smartphone" perform all the basic cell phone functions that the cheaspest friggin cell phone can perform without a problem?

The one I know for sure is text messages.

If you use Handcent, go to settings- notification settings. There you can set reminders for unread messages, how many reminders, and interval between reminders.

I am curious if anyone knows if you can set similar settings for missed calls or voicemails. Maybe theres an app for it?

What problem do you have opening video messages?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones