1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Looking for a custom rom /w Active Display

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vpshockwave, Nov 8, 2014.

1. vpshockwave

vpshockwave Lurker

I'm trying to find a debloated custom rom for my S5. I'm on Verizon, and currently running a rooted version of most recent OTA update. I'm specifically trying to find one that has Active Display included, as I really miss this from my old DROID MAXX.

Any thoughts? Seems like almost every single rom I find does not work with the S5 and I'm at a complete loss right now.

Thanks for any advice,

:)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

Since you have rooted your phone, can't you just simply delete all of the bloatware?

3. vpshockwave

vpshockwave Lurker

True, but the main reason I rooted was to get a custom firmware with active display. The bloatware is more of a second reason.

4. mistaj33

mistaj33 Well-Known Member

Can't help with the custom ROM, since I haven't rooted this device. But I can strongly recommend Dynamic Notifications. It was created to mimic the active display of Motorola phones.

I've been using it since it came out. Had it on my old S3 also. It works great. I couldn't imagine using my phone without it.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews