• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a decent tablet... Suggestions?

trparky

Android Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2011
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
I'm looking for a tablet that's not too expensive, hopefully maybe $300 to $350. I have a rooted phone so definitely I'm going to want to be able to root the tablet as well. Good third-party ROM support would be nice. ICS support too.

I don't want one that's too big, nothing huge. Just something that can be used to type stuff on when going to class and some web browsing and email around the house.

Any suggestions?

I keep hearing about this special Google tablet that's coming soon. Any word on that?
Depends on your definition of soon. I remember seeing reports that it's been delayed for 2nd half of 2012 (which coincides with a drop in Tegra 3 pricing).

Rumored price point for the tablet is $150~250. Early rumors suggest Tegra 3, 7" 1280x800 display, manufactured by Asus.

Upvote 0
Depends on your definition of soon. I remember seeing reports that it's been delayed for 2nd half of 2012 (which coincides with a drop in Tegra 3 pricing).

Rumored price point for the tablet is $150~250. Early rumors suggest Tegra 3, 7" 1280x800 display, manufactured by Asus.
That's the one I've been hearing about. So no more news on that? Crap. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones