• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Looking for a Developer

kenrogers

Lurker
Mar 30, 2012
I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this and if it is not I apologize in advance.

I am not a developer although I do have a functional understanding of VB, PHP, HTML & Java. We are looking to engage a developer for a relatively simple app. If this is the correct forum to post something like this I can post further details, if not I would be happy to hear recommendations on what may be a more proper way to look for someone?

Many thanks!

What app you want to develop?

The app is to capture numbers and times at the finish line of running/bicycling events. The user would hit a button to register a time stamp then type in a number that will correspond with that time then hit enter to capture both to a local DB. The app needs to be able to store the info locally and then upload it to a web DB either dynamically or manually. It would also need to be able to search/browse the stored data to edit what's there then push an UDATE to the web server.

There will be a few ancillary odds & ends but that is the top level overview.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
If the user of the app has to manually type in race participant numbers, is that a practical solution, if you're wanting to capture all finishers?

Good question. This is used as a secondary check time to a chip timing system. We would have a couple of people at the finish using the app to catch as many as they could but not necessarily all.

Upvote 0
If the user of the app has to manually type in race participant numbers, is that a practical solution, if you're wanting to capture all finishers?

We are using a web based PHP page for this now and it works pretty well but in many cases the connectivity is not good or if we loose connectivity it would be best to have an app that stores the info.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones