• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a diet program

CharlesLewis

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2010
I will be switching from an iPod Touch to the new Droid X in September and have been researching the apps that match those I have learned to depend on. I am now using a diet/calorie program that allows me to enter a daily calorie budget, allows me to enter the foods I eat during the day (I can enter new foods and calories in addition to those in the database), and gives me the number of calories I have left for the day. It also allows me to keep up with my weight.

Is there an android program that would allow this? I don't have to have the weighing segment, but I really use the ability to enter meals and see how many calories I have left.

Hope you can provide some suggestions.

I've checked the apps listing and found several calorie programs, but the descriptions seem to suggest they simply give me calorie counts for various foods and don't serve as a log and balance indicator.

I am hoping that someone on this forum might use a program (or has experimented with one) like I need and can point me a bit closer.

Upvote 0
I've checked the apps listing and found several calorie programs, but the descriptions seem to suggest they simply give me calorie counts for various foods and don't serve as a log and balance indicator.

I am hoping that someone on this forum might use a program (or has experimented with one) like I need and can point me a bit closer.

I used the phat secret one and it is not only a calorie counter and I used diet & something and it was not a calorie counter either.

Reactions: CharlesLewis
Upvote 0
Calorie Counter by Fat Secret. It syncs with their website too (you create an account in the app and you can log into their site to add foods you've eaten too from there, but I really just use the phone version).

This summer I have been working out/eating better and this app really helped me keep track of everything. You can just scan barcodes from whatever you are eating/drinking, search from a database of foods, or by restaurant if you are out eating. The database is very extensive. It also keeps a log of your workouts too and how many calories you've burned. (If you are using an exercise machine that tells you how many calories you've burned, u can enter that info manually, if not, there are a list of workouts and the app will guess how many calories you've burned depending on how long your workout was)

Overall, I think this program is awesome. I have lost roughly 8 pounds in the last 5 weeks or so (I do work out 4 - 5 times a week) but I do give credit to this app, because its amazing how bad certain foods are for you unless you really track what you eat. It might be 6pm and I want a snack, and I can see "ok, I have roughly 350 more calories in my allotment for the day to have" and then choose what to have to eat from there.

Upvote 0
Calorie Counter by Fat Secret. It syncs with their website too (you create an account in the app and you can log into their site to add foods you've eaten too from there, but I really just use the phone version).

This summer I have been working out/eating better and this app really helped me keep track of everything. You can just scan barcodes from whatever you are eating/drinking, search from a database of foods, or by restaurant if you are out eating. The database is very extensive. It also keeps a log of your workouts too and how many calories you've burned. (If you are using an exercise machine that tells you how many calories you've burned, u can enter that info manually, if not, there are a list of workouts and the app will guess how many calories you've burned depending on how long your workout was)

Overall, I think this program is awesome. I have lost roughly 8 pounds in the last 5 weeks or so (I do work out 4 - 5 times a week) but I do give credit to this app, because its amazing how bad certain foods are for you unless you really track what you eat. It might be 6pm and I want a snack, and I can see "ok, I have roughly 350 more calories in my allotment for the day to have" and then choose what to have to eat from there.

Really helpful..... Thanks

Upvote 0
I use Noom, since not only does it count calories via logging what you eat, it also has an exercise app like sporttracker built in for walking and other options for other activitiea to also log how many caloriea you burned in exercise activities the past week. It also has a weight monitor where you log your weight in weekly to see your progress.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones