1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Looking for a few apps....Note, Traffic, Control, Reboot

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by nautcasprt6, Nov 30, 2011.

1. nautcasprt6

nautcasprt6 Lurker
    None

Nov 30, 2011
    Newbie here and glad to of switched over to Android from the dreaded Blackberry.
    I have a Droid Pro and a Xoom and between the 2 and 1 week of having them, i must of download like 100+ apps.

Ive download and tried quite a few apps but came up empy. Im looking for a Notepad/Memopad that I can sync with my Xoom and Droid.
    I love NoteEverything but I wish it would sync with my phone and tablet at the same time.
    If NoteEverything had a premium version that had the Sync option I would pay for it.
    Im not looking for anything fancy, but entering in Multiple catagories is a must.

Another app that im looking for is a traffic cam with real camera footage.
    When I had my Blackberry there was an app named 3DLiveTraffic (I think that was the name) that would show live footage but the site no longer exists.
    I have BeattheTraffic, but the camers are really images.
    Ive looked for a few, but alof of them dont have real traffic cameras.
    Does anyone know of a good one of these?

Last but not least, plaese tell me there is an app to control your Xoom from a Android Device?
    I leave my Xoom on the speaker dock and play music, but if I need to change the track or pause, i have to get up and walk over to the xoom.
    Ive seen the VNC Viewrs/Servers but Id prefer somethign taht I dont use my Droid screen as a mouse. Rather just a few Buttons on the screen that I can press to control the xoom like Next, Play, Pause, etc....
    Is there anything that it can be controlled form the Droid?

One last thing, is there an app that can reboot the Xoom? Ive searched but almost all of them the device needs to be rooted.
    I havent attempted to root just yet, but if its easy i will do it. I do have a technical background but Ive read so many different ways, its just confusing.

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays.

Advertisement

2. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Android Expert
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    Sorry don't know of any live camera app. If you haven't you might check for the one that was on your Blackberry, maybe they have one for Android/

Evernote is a popular note taking app that syncs pretty much in real time (and can make your notes available from the web and computer as well). Springpad is another similar option.

I could point you to apps to remote control your computer, but not your tablet.

My understanding is to reboot you have to be rooted.

Hope that helps.

nautcasprt6 likes this.
  3. nautcasprt6

nautcasprt6 Lurker
    None

Nov 30, 2011
    Def does help.
    Ill give one of the note taking apps a try.
    As for the remote control app, I use LogMeIn and TeamViewer for my desktop PC.
    I may tackle rooting some time this week when i have a chance.

I just thought of one other app im looking for. A media app where I can skip and previopus using the volume buttons if I hold it down and volume for just pressing.

4. Rovers

None

Nov 15, 2011
    It hasn't got live traffic cameras, but free Waze does have 'crowd-sourced' realtime traffic info and turn-by-turn satnav. You often know about accidents, etc., ahead on your route and get alternative routes suggested before the cops are even on their way.

What's Waze?

Waze - Free GPS On Your Phone! - YouTube