• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a few 'replacement' apps if they exist?

Randomdog

Mar 7, 2010
I already have a home replacement app (tried out a few and settled on ADWlauncher for the time being.)

I'm wondering if there's an app that (in a similar way to a home replacement) would replace the actual calls function of the phone, I find the 'slide to answer' very annoying as I often miss it - and navigating the call log and contacts list from within the default phone app is very annoying. Is there anything like that?

Also is it possible to change the colour of the notification bar? I'd prefer if it was dark blue (or at least a darker colour) to fit in with the theme for the rest of my phone.

(On the Moto Milestone 2.1 if this makes any difference)

Thanks in advance for the help =]

I already have a home replacement app (tried out a few and settled on ADWlauncher for the time being.)

I'm wondering if there's an app that (in a similar way to a home replacement) would replace the actual calls function of the phone, I find the 'slide to answer' very annoying as I often miss it - and navigating the call log and contacts list from within the default phone app is very annoying. Is there anything like that?

Also is it possible to change the colour of the notification bar? I'd prefer if it was dark blue (or at least a darker colour) to fit in with the theme for the rest of my phone.

(On the Moto Milestone 2.1 if this makes any difference)

Thanks in advance for the help =]

I'm pretty sure you have to be rooted to change the notification bar. as for the phone dialer. +1 to the previous post..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones