1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Looking for a File Protector

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Ancient Attero, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Ancient Attero

None

Jan 4, 2012
    What im looking for is a file protector that prompts for a pin, password, or pattern in order to change, uninstall, and generally protect certain actions and applications.

On my phone I have Widget Locker installed to have a custom lock screen to resemble the new ICS lock screen. So i can pull down my notification tab and view text messages and other notifications, and i have a simple swipe unlock. What I dont want to have to do is go through two unlock screens to access my phone.

What I do want to do is download a app like Protector to password lock applications. However all a user has to do to get into my protected applications is go to Applications>Edit> and delete Protector thus removing the password protection.

So what i want is a way to secure my applications from deletion. Where it prompts for credentials to delete. The only thing like this i've found is Visdon, which has admin rights on the phone to protect against deleton. However the app uses facial recognition that does not always work and does take up a lot of battery comsumtion.

If anyone can help me find the right app for the job it would be highly appriecated. And i dont mind paying for a good app either.

Advertisement

2. Ancient Attero

None

Jan 4, 2012
    If there is also a way to hide the application from the Applications List that would be useful too.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Try Seal. Then password protect the settings itself. To hide the app from the app drawer, you need to use a third party launcher with that feature, like Go Launcher or Launcher Pro.

4. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Android Expert
    None

Oct 27, 2011
    business owner
    SoCal
    Super Manager does what you want... and much more.