1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!
  2. We apologize for the disruption in email services! They are sending out now, but there is a backlog, so it may take a little time to catch up.

Looking for a game recommendation

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by alextop30, Sep 10, 2012.

1. alextop30

alextop30 Android Expert
    None

Oct 5, 2010
    Male
    security and surveillance and finance
    Windy City of Chicago
    Well I have found myself in a weird spot. I usually have more than 1 game that I enjoy playing at a time and now it seems like I have absolutely none.

Started with Team Fortress 2 which I occasionally play now a days 2 years after the release - I have every weapon and I am good with every class - especially the spy. This is possibly the reason this game is getting a bit boring now a days.

Left 4 Dead - Left for dead is I feel one of the games that has no point to it - I enjoyed it until I saw every level and now not so much I have enjoyed TF2 much better than that.

World of Warcraft - yes I played wow since release and I liked the raiding and so on back then. Now a days it has been just battlegrounds so I can make some kids cry of how good I am. I actually have been about 7 moths with an unpaid account so I really have not been playing this.

Diablo 3 - been playing this a bit however it seems that the game suddenly became absolutely pointless - I have a character with 50k dps and I am basically suck because everything on the auction house costs 50 million and above. I think the fact that you can buy gold with real money kind of broke the game and made it absolutely pointless.

What game would you guys recommend for a casual gamer like me. I like MMOs but to the point of pvp and so I can play a little when I want to relax. I hate grinding or leveling or gold farming or any farming as a matter of fact thank diablo for that one. First person shooter are not my most favorite thing in the world. I also have an xbox which is primarily used for youtube but if there are some real cool games for it I could try them.

Thanks a lot for the recommendations.

Advertisement

2. Kruncha

Kruncha Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    *My favourite at the minute: Andor's Trail - grinding is necassary, sorry...

*A great one, but short lived: Emissary of war

*Awesome game, tower defence though... Myth Defence

Other games I've enjoyed are: Broken sword and Dungeon Hunter 2.

Note: Grinding is only necassary where stated...

K.

3. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    /home/
    Maybe Day Z. I've only played it once, but it was pretty fun. A huge map, and you start with next to nothing. You'll need Arma2, dayz is a mod for it.

It is a FPS, but there is a 3rd person mode.

Or maybe any of the recent bethesda games...? (Fallout 3, NV, Oblivion, Skyrim...) Those are fun and pretty easy to pick up.

4. FredParks

FredParks Newbie
    None

Jun 11, 2012
    Sounds like you're in the same situation as me at the moment.

I've preordered Borderlands 2 because I like the FPS side of things and the online multiplayer aspect.

I haven't played it yet (of course) but I'd recommend having a look at some of the gameplay vids and seeing if it is your kind of thing.

5. narutoHUN

narutoHUN Newbie
    None

Jan 21, 2013
    Male
    Budapest, Hungary
    I would recommend Torchlight 2 it's pretty cheap and a great game game it's like diablo but it has a very good atmosphere and no real money for in-game money transactions they even rated it better than diablo 3