• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a good call recorder app

SmokieT

Lurker
Nov 4, 2019
I've been searching threw the Playstore looking for a good call recorder app with specific features.

I want it to:
Run silently in the background
Record all incoming and outgoing calls
Save all recordings to Google Drive automatically
No ads. Free is always nice but I'll need a paid version to eliminate ads.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

We use Cube ACR but it's important to understand that Android 10 broke call recording apps. While some apps still do their best, it's almost impossible to find one that really works. Even in areas where recording calls is legal, Google decided to just kill it off for everyone.

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/record-calls-on-your-android-phone

Upvote 0
I'll be the wet blanket and mention that you should be aware of any local laws as here in the US they vary from state to state, as I imagine they do in other countries. I don't want anyone peeled, sauted in butter, and served up au gratin (oops, that potatoes), erm, finding themselves on the wrong side of the law inadvertently. ;)

Upvote 0
I agree - that's important!

Here in the State of Tennessee call recording is legal as long as one party on the call is aware of it (that's me). Of course, if I call a business and the automated greeting says, "this call may be recorded for quality assurance purposes", that expresses intent to record and implies consent for me to record it, too.

Again, though, is the problem of getting a call recording app to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones