• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Looking for a good flashlight apps for android

1phone

Nov 19, 2012
My android don't have a flashlight apps, so i need one.

I am looking for a simple one, consume very little memory of my phone

~can keep the lights on even when screen went to rest

~hopefully a safe one,

~and one that don't sneak into my privacy

Thank you

Upvote 0
Hi,

Yep, you got that right so here is what the permissions are used for:
- camera related is actaully the one really required for flashlight
- all network related permissions are for third-party banner/interstitial ads integration (e.g. Admob, Appbrain)
- audio related are for playing Morse code SOS sound signals
- prevent form sleeping is used when the flashlight is on to prevent it going off if for example device will dim the screen after 2 min

Anyway if you just need a flashlight with no extra features and no ads you should just look for one with "Camera" related permission.

Reactions: electricpete
Upvote 0
Hi,

Yep, you got that right so here is what the permissions are used for:
- camera related is actaully the one really required for flashlight
- all network related permissions are for third-party banner/interstitial ads integration (e.g. Admob, Appbrain)
- audio related are for playing Morse code SOS sound signals
- prevent form sleeping is used when the flashlight is on to prevent it going off if for example device will dim the screen after 2 min

Anyway if you just need a flashlight with no extra features and no ads you should just look for one with "Camera" related permission.

Thank you for the explanation regarding the network-related permissions.
I get that this is the method of how you get paid,definitely no problem there,TANSTAAFL...... :thumbsupdroid:
I just don't get why you didn't own up to your own work when you recommended it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones