• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a highly organized To-Do List Application

jcw1121

Lurker
Mar 27, 2010
I am a freelance graphic designer, and I just bought the Droid for Verizon as a tool to help organize jobs and business.

I'm looking for an application to help organize my jobs, and I think the features and abilities I'm looking for in ONE program may be too advanced, but we'll see.

I want to find a sort of To-Do list application that will let me do all of the following:

Organize Jobs by Clients and allow me to select the job, read the general description of the job. I want to be able to have an appendix to each note that will allow me to view people, businesses and contacts that will be involved in the job aside from the main client, ie Print shops, mailing houses, owners of rights to imagery, etc. I also want to be able to directly contact any of them as a link through the list note. and I'd also like to be able to have another annex section to each note that will allow me to set up a to-do list for each project, example: Illustration job list would be: Finish pencils Finish Inks Finish Colors Scan etc.

Anything out there for something like that? Understandably there probably isnt a program out there specifically for graphics jobs organization, but I am wondering if there is a to do list or general list application that has that intricate of an organizational structure.

Thanks

That is a tough order. I would suggest trying Astrid. I don't think you will find an all in one for all of them. Astrid however merges with other programs more then the other to-do list apps.

Also, as a side note. As a graphic designer you might like thinking space. Pretty fun organizational app.

Good Luck with your search

Upvote 0
Sounds like you want more of a full project organizer than just a To-Do. The most powerful to do list I've used is Got To Do but it's really built on the Getting Things Done platform as a whole and is a very good task organizer.

I personally use Outlook for all my work-related projects (can't stand MS Project) so I keep that separate from my home/personal related projects and Astrid does well for me in that regard.

Upvote 0
Astrid has a lot of features, including adding notes to a ToDo item. Not sure if you can start calls with links, never tried that.

Astrid also syncs with Remember the Milk, so...

Another alternative is maybe to use Note Everything. NE is not a ToDo list app, but can be used to create separate "notebooks" or folders, within which you can create separate text, voice, photo, and QR code notes. You can export to SD card (and import).

I believe the full (paid) version also lets you set reminders and alarms.

Free: Note Everything v2.9.3 Application for Android | Productivity

Pro (add-on): Note Everything Pro v1.2.0 Application for Android | Productivity

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones