1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Looking for a keyboard app with a handwriting feature

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by chanchan05, Sep 30, 2011.

1. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

I'm looking for a keyboard app which is able to switch to handwriting mode. For those of you who came from a 5800 or N97, you'd remember this as where the keyboard popup appears like a blank slate where you write with your stylus and the letters get recognized. Anybody knows of an app with that capability?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Android Expert

FlexT9 keyboard has a handwriting mode. When you open the keyboard, there's a little pencil button on the bottom right, and when you click on it, it changes the keyboard to a blank area you use your finger to write letters in.

chanchan05 likes this.
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Thanks. I'll try that.

4. ambientdroid

ambientdroid Well-Known Member

Another one is 'graffiti'.

5. Whiskeypawz

Whiskeypawz Android Enthusiast

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Tried graffiti and no thanks.

7. alanbcohen

alanbcohen Member

Different strokes for different folks...
    I used Graffiti for 15 years on PalmOS and several months on my Android. I could not stand the Android keyboard apps. But that is why there are CHOICES.

8. sohguanh

sohguanh Android Enthusiast

Motorola smart-phones come with one they provided and Swype I think but I find the Motorola version good enough for my use.

I have to confess I discover this only last night after 1.5 years using that smartphone!!!! Now am I stupid or what :O

9. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

I'm not talking about swype.

10. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

As suggested already: Flex T9

11. Darkseas

Darkseas Well-Known Member

Here's another thumbs up for Graffiti.

I panned it in a much earlier post because the software couldn't recognize letters as fast as I could draw them on my phone with a slow processor. However, the Amazon free app motivated me to try again on my tablet, and there the letters are recognized as fast as I can write them.

Once you've learned the characters, you can use Graffiti as fast as you can print with pen and paper.

12. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

My phone's market wont show FlexT9. What I dont like about graffiti is that I have to relearn my writing style, essentially I cant as i would normally on it.