1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Looking for a keyboard app with bigger backspace and return keys

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by galaxynotace, Aug 30, 2016.

1. galaxynotace

galaxynotace Newbie
    None

Mar 7, 2012
    Hi could anybody recommend a keyboard app that places the backspace and return keys further away from letter keys. I am constantly clicking backspace whenever I click letters near it, like L, M etc. I'd rather the letters be on one side of the screen and then have two big buttons, one for backspace and one for return. I've mocked up an image on microsoft paint, I'll try attach it (should appear below this thread comment).

So far, of the dozens of apps I've tried, none offer me what Im looking for and its getting annoying when the return key gets pressed on apps like whatsapp as it sends messages when I've not necessarily wanted to send :mad:

android keyboard idea.jpg

Advertisement

2. kct1975

kct1975 Android Expert
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    Male
    NoVA
    I don't know about bigger...but I would suggest for better...

SwiftKey
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey

3. galaxynotace

galaxynotace Newbie
    None

Mar 7, 2012

I absolutely hate swiftkey ha. It makes it worse I paid about £1.50 for it. The backspace key on swiftkey is if anything in an even worse position than stock android keyboard AND it also doubles up as an emoji key. The number of times I've wanted to backspace only for it to switch to emoji mode which you can't disable! Swiftkey's developers should hang their heads in shame with their compulsory policy on emojis. Not all of us are 12 year olds that are reliant upon emojis.

....sorry for the rant but I hope one day someone is browsing the internet pondering whether to install swiftkey on their phone and they come across this thread and see my hatred for it. With any luck theyll be influenced in to not buying it.

4. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Android Expert
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    Take a look at Hackers Keyboard. Looks just like a standard, and keys are in a different place. It's old, but still useful. I have it on one tablet.

5. galaxynotace

galaxynotace Newbie
    None

Mar 7, 2012
    thanks I'll try that. Does it have a swype style function? my problem is not only do I want to find a keyboard with a better placed backspace, but also one that allows swyping like Swype or Google Keyboard do.