• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

looking for a launcher!

MetaX

Sep 11, 2010
I had one a few months ago I really liked but can't remember name or anything!!

It was one screen, and had gray background..each category such as text messages was in one horrizantal bar, weather in a bar below ad s on..on the left of each bar was a color representing the thing it was listing as well..

It was SO conveniant everything on one page..fb, twitter, email, weather etc..

I'm using Launcher Pro - its my first experience with this type of program and has some nice features. It seems pretty stable - it hasn't crashed or anything yet. You have to restart it often when you change settings which is a bit annoying but it only takes a few seconds.

What are the differences between Launcher Pro and say, Go Launcher or any of the others mentioned here?

Upvote 0
I'm not a fan of the multiple screens, just too much going on at once. I do have Launcher Pro and have it set to one screen and the only widget running is Beautiful Widgets. I like Slidescreen but its quite laggy and needs a lot of work. I'm in LOVE with *Spark by Hiplogic, its my favorite launcher! If your a fan of 1 screen launchers like me, you'd also love it! Are there any other 1 screen launchers out there with different UI's?

Upvote 0
I am using ADW EX and i have no problems with it. Even with changing settings. Hasnt crashed on me at all, and i have been using it for about three weeks now. Absolutely love it. I have the cricket huawei ascend. I also am using the droid berry theme on it and love it, even more so than the tron legacy theme. I get loads of compliments for the look of my phone. And most cant believe its a cricket phone. I do have a question, if i install icarus 1.1 on my phone, can i still use ADW Ex and my droid berry theme. Like if i back up my phone?

Upvote 0
I think all the launchers have their pros/cons, just depends on which ones your happy with. I started with Launcher Pro, bought it and like it. then tried ADW and currently remaining with GoLauncher. Tried Zeam as well and really like the 'dock' bar: just drag any screen icon to it and it was added. Could have as many as you wanted in a continiously scrolling dock bar.

Upvote 0
Are there any launchers that wouldn't mess up my app drawer?

Welcome to our AndridForums, EvaldasVait :).

Not sure what you mean about messing-up your app drawer, but I've used Nova Launcher for a couple of year now and it works great (not a power user mind you, but just the simple functions of extra rows, columns, etc.).

You can also hide what apps you want to see when you pull-up the app drawer, but you should see all your apps without issue after first installing.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Welcome to our AndridForums, EvaldasVait :).

Not sure what you mean about messing-up your app drawer, but I've used Nova Launcher for a couple of year now and it works great (not a power user mind you, but just the simple functions of extra rows, columns, etc.).

You can also hide what apps you want to see when you pull-up the app drawer, but you should see all your apps without issue after first installing.

Cheers!
Thanks, by messing up i mean rearanging my apps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones