1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

looking for a music player similar to iOS'

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by falkner09, May 7, 2011.

1. falkner09

falkner09 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 5, 2010
    so I'm in the process of using my phone as my main music player. all i seem to need is a good music player for use in my car. basically, i'd like one fairly similar to the iOS player. i.e, a light background with dark text, because it'll be easier to see in the sun. alos, i'd like to be able to scroll to specific albums and artist really fast, so something like the alphabet on the side that you can select, like on iOS or Samsung's contacts browser would be great. i liked PlayerPro, but the skins foolishly only let you change the UI icons, not the text color and background in the song/album list.

any ideas?

Advertisement

2. AreJaye

AreJaye Newbie
    None

Apr 27, 2011
    Give poweramp a try. I like it. Free trial to try it out. I just came from ios and its somewhat similar as far as scrolling by artist, album, or song. And you can change skins when you purchase. Has a nice adjustable eq too. Let me know what you think.

3. rainor94

rainor94 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 6, 2010
    Canada
    Winamp is my preferred music player. Give it a try.

4. Android>Apple

Android>Apple Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    +1 for WinAmp. It's actually a very limited player, as features go, but you said you are driving. WinAmp is the only player which can be bound to the "Listen To" command. So you bind google search to long-press-search like I did and you can just hold search button a sec and say "Listen To The Whie Stripes" and it will do it. Can search by anything, song name, artist, album. It's not 100% perfect every time it's pretty damned close tho and it's a must have while driving(to me)!

5. vosg

vosg Android Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Male
    Software Developer (retired)
    Antwerp, BE
    Another vote for PowerAmp.