1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Looking for a routine/reminder app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Runi93, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Runi93

Runi93 Lurker

Hello

Can someone recommend a good app that will give me weekly/monthly/yearly reminders of whatever task I may need to do?

As an example, I want the app to remind me every sunday at 13:00 to wash my clothes.

I've tried several apps, including "Todoist", but you have to manually type in the same task after the date/time as passed.

Any recommendations would be appreciated

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

I think most to do apps will do this.

Color notes will do this.

Gtasks will do this. Gtasks is my favorite for managing a variety of tasks, thoughts, and info snippets.....sync'd to Google Tasks for easy access by phone or pc, Repeating tasks, snooze option in task notification. . Multiple lists, with color code. "urgent" annotation. Multiple ways to sort each list. Nested Indenting of tasks with block move. Search. Widget can list items in all categories by due data. Probably many other apps can do the same, but gtasks is what I selected a year ago after trying several, and I remain very happy with it.

3. Runi93

Runi93 Lurker

Thank you !

4. joyce1113

joyce1113 Lurker

Almost all to-do apps I've tried have the feature of 'recurring tasks'. But I am actually need the feature of 'repeat from complete date'. Any suggestion?

5. DomingoLewis

DomingoLewis Newbie

It's very difficult to manage a hectic schedule specially when you need to make several important phone calls, run errands, pay bills before their due dates and more.

5 Android apps to help you stay on schedule and its for FREE:

1. Astrid – Free
    2. Any.Do – Free
    3. Remember the Milk – Free
    4. COL Reminder – Free
    5. RemindMe – Free

6. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

I know what you mean. Weekly task is due on Monday but you don't finish it until Wed. In some cases you don't want it due again until one week from actual completion i.e next Wednesday. Most apps reschedule for next Monday unless you adjust the next due date.

I tell myself it's not the app's fault...I simply need to complete all tasks on time. Lol...never happens.