1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Looking for a RUU for EVO 4G

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by phxfireguy, Aug 16, 2012.

1. phxfireguy

phxfireguy Member

I have an EVO that is pretty screwed up! I am hoping to find an RUU that I can flash to the phone bringing it back to stock. I have searched the forums and cannot find a RUU for the EVO 4G. Any help as always is appreciated. Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

do you know what your hboot and baseband(radio) is? can you get to the bootloader? and what is your issue you are having?

Mikestony likes this.
  3. phxfireguy

phxfireguy Member

I am able to get into fastboot and currently have the phone in RUU mode. I would be happy to flash this thing back to 2.12

4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

I am trying to learn about ruu's but I do know, that ocn needs to know what your bootloader screen says.
    Needs to know what h-boot version and baseband version you have to direct you to the correct ruu.:)

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. phxfireguy

phxfireguy Member

HBOOT 6.17.0001
    Radio 2.15.00.07.28

6. ocnbrze

Mikestony and phxfireguy like this.
  7. phxfireguy

phxfireguy Member

Do you know where I can download the actual RUU file and not a utility?

8. ocnbrze

are you looking for the PC36IMG version? the one i gave you is an actual RUU.

9. phxfireguy

phxfireguy Member

I am looking for the .zip file so I can flash using the fastboot method

10. phxfireguy

phxfireguy Member

UPDATE, OK so I was able to get the utility to work. I had to boot the phone into fastboot THEN run the utility. I am a bit more familiar with the Rezound and was trying to flash the RUU via the fastboot commands in DOS as I have with my Rezound. Thanks for the link I am waiting for the update to finish and will report back on our success! Thanks to all the Senior Members and PM's for the great work and support

ocnbrze and Mikestony like this.
  11. phxfireguy

phxfireguy Member

Ok so the RUU utility flashed the phone and the phone boots up and looks like a stock EVO the HBOOT Screen looks right, but when connected to a PC the unit gives me a "qualcomm cdma technologies msm" rather than "Android Device" as the hardware found. Any ideas?

12. phxfireguy

phxfireguy Member

Almost forgot
    HBOOT 2.18.0001
    Radio-2.15.00.12.19
    and the device is unlocked S-ON

13. ocnbrze

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews