• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a wired Android TV Box

shugs81

Apr 21, 2010
Hi peeps...

Looking to get an android TV box (or poss build one out of a raspberry PI) as my wifi at home is rubbish...

I have a chromecast which works well enough on the TV upstairs but is terrible on the main TV downstairs...

Looking for a Wired solution... I keeps seeing the Android TV boxes on ebay but they all seem to be XBMC related and all i'm looking for is something that will play the Google Play Movies & TV stuff...

any suggestions for a reasonable & reliable solution to this? or maybe explain how i would set one of these XBMC boxes to use the play store movie thing???

Thanks in advance!!

Hi peeps...

Looking to get an android TV box (or poss build one out of a raspberry PI) as my wifi at home is rubbish...

I have a chromecast which works well enough on the TV upstairs but is terrible on the main TV downstairs...

Looking for a Wired solution... I keeps seeing the Android TV boxes on ebay but they all seem to be XBMC related and all i'm looking for is something that will play the Google Play Movies & TV stuff...

any suggestions for a reasonable & reliable solution to this? or maybe explain how i would set one of these XBMC boxes to use the play store movie thing???

Thanks in advance!!
Why not just get a good router with wi-fi and fix the issue. I'm sure in future you or members of your family will be getting devices that need to hook up to wi-fi

Reactions: hafeezje
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones