• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for advice on new phone.

I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. I have always just did a contract and had the flagship phones. However, I got to use a friends Motorola G5 and it was great. I am tired of being in a contract and am going to get a unlocked phone for less than 300. I have done tons of research and have it narrowed down to two phones. The Motorola moto G6 and the Nokia 6.1. I know I will like the G6, not the Nokia has me intrigued. That, and the nostalgia aspect of having a new Nokia. My question is, has anyone had experience with both? If so, which phone would you go with and why. Thanks in advance guys.

My wife has the Moto G5, and it's OK but nothing special, so can't speak for the G6, as for the Nokia, I have not had or used a Nokia in ages, so can't help you there. I have pretty much for the past 10 years, owned my own devices and have either rooted them, or kept them Unlocked and stock. The past 4 years I have always owned the Moto X series and loved them mainly for the active displays for notifications. Lately I have decided to move out of my comfort ZONE and purchased a One-Plus 5T, it's been the best move I've made. One example is, with moderate to a little more then moderate use, 24 hours later, I still have about 50 % battery left. All my other devices I'd have to charge the phone 1 or 2 times during the day. Anyways hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones