1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Looking for an 8-inch tablet with high resolution

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by droidros, Jun 27, 2020.

1. droidros

droidros Android Enthusiast

My 8-inch Asus Zenpad Z580C is 5 years old and still running Android 5.0, which can't be updated. I have to keep freeing up memory to play games and it often crashes but it has the best screen resolution (2048 x 1536) I've seen Graphics are sharp and colors are vivid. I am trying to find something to replace it.

Admittedly, I've been spoiled with the displays on my Asus tablet, Galaxy Note 10+ phone, and Surface Pro 6, but I am looking for another tablet with decent screen resolution and can't seem to find one. I bought an 8-inch Galaxy Tab A but might return it because I find the 1280 x 800 display washed out and fuzzy. They are still selling the same model Asus Zenpad on Amazon but it is still running Android 5.0! There's a slightly higher resolution Galaxy Tab with cellular, which I don't need and don't want to pay that much extra for. I'd prefer an 8 inch tablet but would consider 10 inch if I could get one with great screen resolution.

Any suggestions?

Madasa likes this.
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

better resolution means more money. check out the galaxy tab s series.....but they are not cheap and i do not know if they come smaller than 10.5". i know the s series has more of an econo line with their lite versions that have lower resolutions and cheaper price.

droidros likes this.
  3. droidros

This is the problem. The ASUS I bought was quite inexpensive. I remember looking at a Nexxus 10 inch tablet at the time and it was horribly fuzzy and returned it. Then I found the ASUS for, I guess, $150. There does not seem to be an updated version to this.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. droidros

I found a Lenovo 8 inch tablet with 1920x1200 resolution at Verizon. But I can't purchase it without buying monthly data!

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. droidros

After finding out I couldn't buy the Lenovo tablet at Verizon without also buying monthly data, I checked the Lenovo website and found the same thing without cellular for $100 less and have ordered that. I hope it's as good as it sounds.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. ocnbrze

nice!!!!!
    keep us posted and let us know if it is any good or not.

droidros likes this.
  7. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

They stopped making them @droidros.
    Move on.

8. droidros

Received the Lenovo Tab M8 today, just 4 days after I ordered it from Lenovo. It's just what I was looking for. The following picture shows screenshots of the ASUS at the top, the Lenovo in the middle, and the Samsung Tab A at the bottom. You can see a big difference in sharpness and vibrancy between the Lenovo and the Samsung. I returned the Samsung to Best Buy.
    Screens.jpg

ocnbrze likes this.
  9. droidros

I did.

ocnbrze likes this.
  10. ocnbrze

the screen does look nice! let us know about performance after you use it for a bit. how much did you pay for it?

11. droidros

It was only $127 + tax. Performance is mediocre.

ocnbrze likes this.

Asus ZenPad S 8.0 (Z580CA) Forum

The Asus ZenPad S 8.0 (Z580CA) release date was August 2015. Features and Specs include a 8.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 2GB RAM, Intel Atom Z3530 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

August 2015
Release Date
Reviews