1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Looking for an Android

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by jibrish, Aug 25, 2011.

1. jibrish

jibrish Lurker
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Hi Everyone,

I currently have a blackberry torch through at&t where I pay around 80.00 a month. I am looking to cancel my contract and get a Android phone through another company. In my area my choices are Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T. I am in IT, looking for a larger screen, some thing easy to type on, send and receive email, and browse the web.

I am looking for some suggestions on provider, type of android phone to buy, and a lower monthly payment.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement

2. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 11, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Well I would suggest the EVO 3d on Sprint or the sgs2 also with sprint both are great devices u can go wrong but is suggest the evo just because sense is just hands down better compared to touch wiz imo and htc supports their devices better than samsung as for thw bill u will not he able to lower Ur monthly bill ull pay about the same ur paying now but ull have unlimited data text and calling hope this helps

3. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Always select your carrier first based on real world coverage where you need it.

This you can do for yourself. You don't even specify what sort of plans you're looking for. However, carriers have all this on their sites for you to compare.

4. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    You'll need to provide a lot more criteria than that for others to help. Be specific about "larger". How large? What are your upper and lower bounds? Not everyone has the same notion about what makes for the ideal screen size.

"Easy to type on" is highly subjective. Never assume that your preferences are universal on subjective matters. What devices have you found to be easy to type on? What have you found to be difficult to type on? Not everyone has identical answers to these questions.

As for sending and receiving email and browsing the web, any device will meet that.

You might want to think about other things such as physical characteristics, UI preference, etc. The more info you can provide about what you need and want, the better people can assist you.

If you don't know your preference in certain areas then get out and look at devices to determine your preference. The whole device selection process is highly subjective. If one device was considered universally best then we'd all be using it.

Selecting your carrier first is one thing that will also help to narrow down the options.