• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for an app to rotate screen

Gertcher

Lurker
Jul 3, 2013
I have a Samsung S2. I can rotate from portrait to landscape but it will not go back. This seems to be a problem with the gyroscope. I have found a work-a-round here, but I am looking for something a lot more intuitive.

Instead of needing to go to the status screen, the requirement for this app, I would like to be able to pull or push the screen rotation with my finger.

I have looked at loads of apps on Google and only found 2 suitable ones. Does what I need exist?

I hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance.

Greg

I am currently using Ultimate Rotation Control (paid license). It does what I need, but doesn't offer the finger swiping you're suggesting. It has customizable functions such as per app settings for rotation lock. I like the set and forget customizing with it.
I tried that, but because of the gyro problem UR does not work correctly, that was the first of the 2 apps I have tried.

Thanks Greg

Upvote 0
That sounds just a little too complicated for me. I am very new to Android,best if I stick to installing apps for now.

Thanks Greg

You don't need to root etc for the long press of the search button thing to work, it does it out of the box by the looks of things.

No harm in installing to give it a go. :)

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones