1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Looking for an email app I can live with

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Papfox, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Papfox

Papfox Lurker
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    Hi,

I'm new to Android and I'm currently working with my friend's old HTC Hero which he said I could borrow and "do anything to." With that permission, it's now rooted and flashed with TastyGingerbread.

Currently my main device is a Blackberry Bold 9700. My carrier (Vodafone UK) just called me and said I can have any phone in the catalogue for free. I'd really like to change to Android and I really fancy the Samsung Galaxy S2. I have a POP3/SMTP, a Yahoo and an IMAP mail account and do the bulk of my emailing on my mobile device, only occasionally going back to my PC.

The last thing that's stopping me make the switch to Android is that I can't find an email app I can live with. So far I've tried: stock Gingerbread email, K9 Mail, Maildroid and Enhanced Email.

I'm the administrator of a mailing list and a member of several others. I can receive up to 1000 emails a day and read under 30% of them but never mark anything I've not read as read in case I need to go back to the thread later. I keep track my having my mailbox ordered by time (newest at the top). I scroll up from the last email I read.

If I see something that catches my eye (usually in the middle of a thread) I go back to review the whole thread. On the Blackberry, I point to an email and hit "search subject" this finds all variants (re:,fw: etc.) of the subject (a bit like "Find all related" on Outlook). This is the thing I can't find any Android program that can do.

I tried the threaded view on K9 and it doesn't work for me. Most of the threads I have (3-4 pages of them normally) have some unread emails in them so all the threads end up showing unread.

Can anyone tell me what the Galaxy S2's email client does or if they know of an email client that will give me what I need please? This is a real deal-breaker for me.

Thanks,
    Paul.

Advertisement